Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fragments of Iceland

There is no doubt in my mind that I will visit Iceland before I die. I have seen several videos depicting the strange and beautiful landscape for some time now. I feel like this video is quite different. Its ease in sifting through hundreds of strikingly beautiful shots without lingering or being too precious on any one in particular. Heavy stylization with baths of light leaks coupled with expert match cutting. Music by The Cinematic Orchestra makes it a personal perfect storm. The pacing and sense of serenity. Enjoy.
Fragments of Iceland from Lea et Nicolas Features on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly that's some good video. Agreed, Iceland wroth writing home about. I like, in particular, the shot of the car door at 00:25 and the match cuts are out of control.

    ReplyDelete