Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Canon Cinema EOS Reels

As much as I wish they were my reels, these are two reels from Canon that debuted at NAB and PhotoPlus in 2013 showcasing work created with the Cinema EOS series of cameras (C100, C300, C500, 5D, and 1DX).

There are two things that stood out to me about these reels...

Firstly, the C100, 300, and 500 share the same sensor but different guts so I'm surprised how different the images that they produce can be. Some look very cinematic while other are prone to that "video" look. I'm really interested in getting that film-look with our C100. And secondly, because everyone is posting their reels (be it real or fake - Brent), I like the way they incorporated musical changes and even sound effects into the reel. Things like the carefully placed chimes and echoes make it feel more like a trailer than a reel.

Deliver The Story: The Canon Showreel at PhotoPlus 2013 from Canon Pro on Vimeo.

Canon Professional Cameras – On set and on location from Canon Pro on Vimeo.

P.S. There's a lot of good, educational, and inspirational stuff on Canon Pro's Vimeo account.

No comments:

Post a Comment