I was given 1 day to concept, script, and storyboard, 2 days to shoot, and half a day to edit.
- I used a 7D
- Almost entirely shot with the 28-135mm. Landscape, especially towards the end and shots of the different buildings were shot with the 16-35mm.
- No lighting. It was overcast the entire shoot. Had to work around the rain.
- VO was done in Studio A.
Things I liked/worked
- The animation. Short and simple.
- The story is okay. Could've used more work, though.
- Close ups of the runner were filmed with her running in place. I tried to get my hands on a steady-rig, but this worked out much better. I had a lot more control.
- Battery died right after the first take on the last shot. WINNING.
- I filmed more than I needed. I had a lot of footage to work with. I didn't feel like I was stretching clips thin.
Things I didn't like/didn't work
- The first quarter of the shoot I was on Aperture Priority. Dumbass!
- I wanted to foreshadow later clips (country road, gravel, corn) in the beginning, but I couldn't get the edit right to make it feel natural or cool.
- Virtually no color correction. I took one pass, I'm so used to SpeedGrade's controls now. I didn't have time to fix a lot of the over exposure and flatness.
- I wish I was given more time to work on all areas of the video.