Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Rocket Wars, Salomon, and Film + Music

I've been digging Film + Music for about a month now and, at the risk of simply reposting everything they publish, I really wanted to highlight this piece in particular.

In the article, Salomon, describes how the his passion project, Rocket Wars, began. He goes on to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of personal projects, saying...

"Often the projects you put the most thought and work into don’t hold up as well as the ones that just kind of happen.

And when asked, "I think you guys are hitting on one of the most frustrating parts of being a creative person. [Is] there’s rarely a direct link between working hard on something and it turning out well?" Salomon responds...

"I don’t have it figured out, but it seems like you need to let yourself be the product of the process. Then things tend to happen a bit more organically, rather than trying to strong-arm your way through. Just this morning someone asked me if Rocket Wars turned out how I was expecting [it to]. And the answer is no."

ROCKET WARS from Variable on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment