Equipment I used:
- 24 - 105 mm
- Zacuto rig
- Zacuto Z-finder
- Our new broken tripod
- H4n for VO
Things I liked/worked:
- The tone of the video. Cold. Turkish.
- Forcing the audience to understand the video through action.
- Subtitles came out nicely.
- No unnatural lighting. I had minimal equipment on this shoot.
- The quick turnaround caused my edits and graphics to be quick, simple, and to the point. I particularly liked this style. Some cuts jump, but it gets the message across.
Things I didn't like/didn't work:
- It was f*ucking freezing when I shot this. 14 degrees. I shot Monday for 2 hours, then Tuesday morning for 3 hours. Half the time was spent warming up in the car in between scenes.
- As always, I wish I had more time.
- This story was my second option, because I couldn't find appropriate talent for my first story.
- The color correction might be a little weird. I used the cinestyle profile, which made everything nice and flat, but I might have messed it up in post.
- I edited the piece straight through for 10 hours. I wish I could've walked away for a day and come back to see it in a different way.
- The audio design definitely needs more work.