Thursday, October 31, 2013
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
The video below was the viewer's favorite. This one went a totally different angle. More story driven, very well shot, and some really nice effects. I must say, after seeing this one, I think the only reason the other video won was because it felt more "OK Go". While both are amazing, I think I like the viewer's choice better as a music video. I mean honestly, who doesn't want to see some little kid traveling through time to make it right with a girl.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Monday, October 28, 2013
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Here are some of my favorite so far. The first one will look very familiar to both Micah and Brian...
This one is great because I'm always interested in the way that pop culture and entertainment have an influence on science and vise versa...
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Apparently she's leaving Burberry to head up Apple's online and retail stores.
Monday, October 14, 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013
SoundWorks Collection: The Sound of Gravity from Michael Coleman on Vimeo.
Monday, October 7, 2013
I was given 1 day to concept, script, and storyboard, 2 days to shoot, and half a day to edit.
- I used a 7D
- Almost entirely shot with the 28-135mm. Landscape, especially towards the end and shots of the different buildings were shot with the 16-35mm.
- No lighting. It was overcast the entire shoot. Had to work around the rain.
- VO was done in Studio A.
Things I liked/worked
- The animation. Short and simple.
- The story is okay. Could've used more work, though.
- Close ups of the runner were filmed with her running in place. I tried to get my hands on a steady-rig, but this worked out much better. I had a lot more control.
- Battery died right after the first take on the last shot. WINNING.
- I filmed more than I needed. I had a lot of footage to work with. I didn't feel like I was stretching clips thin.
- The first quarter of the shoot I was on Aperture Priority. Dumbass!
- I wanted to foreshadow later clips (country road, gravel, corn) in the beginning, but I couldn't get the edit right to make it feel natural or cool.
- Virtually no color correction. I took one pass, I'm so used to SpeedGrade's controls now. I didn't have time to fix a lot of the over exposure and flatness.
- I wish I was given more time to work on all areas of the video.
Friday, October 4, 2013
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Digital Creativity Guidebook on Creative Sandbox by Google from Shotopop on Vimeo.