Monday, November 19, 2012

MeanMug Loves Guns

I'm not sure where it began, but I'm pretty sure it was a combination of Adam Simpson's series-like illustrations and the Dumb Ways To Die music video...I'm talking about what drove me to make two new MeanMug and Slim shorts this weekend. I've had the idea to do a series of MM&S series for a long time, but just hadn't gotten around to animating it. But after seeing those two examples I named at the top of the post I was inspired to actually put down the videogame controller and get back in the game. My goal is to at some point create 10 of these gun animations and put them all together. I'm thinking about doing 1 every 2 weeks, and maybe quicker if I'm feeling exceptionally frisky one week. While creating the first two shorts, The Bazooka and The Revolver, I really started to feel as though I am finally making the MM&S I've always wanted to. The style is where I want it and the animation is becoming more fluid. Now it's just a matter of coming up with funny shorts. Ok, now you can enjoy the shorts, and wear headphones for a better audio experience.


The Bazooka from Chris Koelsch on Vimeo.



The Revolver from Chris Koelsch on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. Love the end to revolver, very understated and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood mixing with milk. Extra cool that your body makes the same sound as a jug-o-milk. BTW nice fucking dodge in the bazooka and good details with birds flying off.

    Really like the tasteful use of electrical hum for the fridge and the light from the opening door even more.

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i care enough to shift sounds from left ear to right but not enough to find different sounds for stomach and milk jug

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are awesome chris!

    ReplyDelete