Saturday, September 29, 2012

Star Wars Uncut - Landing at Bespin


I finally completed my first Star Wars Uncut: The Empire Strikes Back scene, and with only about one day to spare. I went through a few up and downs with this piece but I think in the end I came out with something I'm pretty proud of. I'd say the most challenging thing was making the ship look convincing in 2D without doing frame by frame animation. What I love about doing a reproduction like this is that it really makes you appreciate the little things that go into the scene. Things people probably won't even notice in my scene. A plane in the distance, a shadow falling across the ship, etc. I'd say the other thing I had fun doing was trying to push the color of the scene to make it a bit more dramatic.

Here is the original scene I was working from.


 I've added a few pictures of the backgrounds I used. For the fly by shots I overlayed images in sequence to make the entire pan in one shot.




No comments:

Post a Comment